View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
Thank you both for replying. If I'm honest with myself I know there's a problem. I don't know if I'm a full blown alcoholic but my habits are not healthy, that's for sure. For instance, I start worrying if I'll have enough alcohol to last the day. And I've also begun hiding alcohol in my purse if I'm going out somewhere that doesn't have alcohol. That is not normal person behavior. I feel guilty and want to help myself but at the same time I want to be left alone with it. I don't know how to cope with life without alcohol.
I thought that I could not live without Alcohol. Then I was in a situation where there was no other choice but to ban the substance from my life. I always worried if there was going to be alcohol at events, friends, family members, etc. I can only look back on it, and see that my thinking was clouded, and I was in the trenches digging myself into a huge hole.
Guilt comes with the territory. You can be free of this guilt, and be free from alcohol. Life can take on a whole new meaning, and you can gain a new perspective. One day at a time is how everyone does it. I know that this is a process. We are here for you. The support on this site is amazing.