View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Midlifecrisis

Originally Posted by MemphisBlues View Post
Mid, just please stick with it. The beauty of this situation is that it can and will only get better. If you got some sleep, that's a great sign. If you can type here, that's even a better sign.

Just don't go back. Once you've gone basically cold turkey, the only course for Benzo Heads like us is to keep marching. It gets better. It's just one of those bad situations that you have to give time to heal.

You gotta give time -- time.

I detoxed from an equivalent dosage of 400 milligrams of Valium a day (my prescribed drug was Klonopin).

If I would have followed recommended tapering schedules it would have taken me years to get clean. Years. And I am sure I would have fallen and reinstated higher doses and never, ever, gotten sober.

For an addict like me, cold turkey was the only route to go. And the ironic beauty in that is that the horrors I experienced keeps me sober.

Sometimes fear is the greatest motivator.

I could go back and scream about how my doctors didn't know squat about benzo detox, but the truth of the matter is I had to face what I had to face to get clean. Believe me, if a wimp like me can survive and heal, you certainly can. You're strong, brave, and committed. Keep at it. Please.
That's what I was thinking, I saw that it was taking people 6 months to get off 2mg a day of Valium and I was thinking, I just can't do that from my dose. Also I felt I needed to go into detox because I was still using painkillers by the handful and drinking.

But this is so awful too. I wish I had never found those stupid Benzos.

I have this sort of lying with my eyes shut sleep where I really feel awake. I'm just so used to passing out that putting myself to sleep is a foreign concept.

And my Teeth. I can't stop grinding them. My gums are cramping up!