View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CoalEater

Originally Posted by pattyj View Post
Stopping the alcohol consumption is the first step. How has your life changed since August? I am 30 days sober today and soooo much has changed since I quit. My whole personality has changed and I refuse to let anyone walk over me anymore. I also broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years. I was tough but has been in the back of my head for years.
What has happened to you? Sobriety is life changing and overwhelming to say the least...
My life have changed so much for the better. Before when I drank, I wouldn't go and do anything if I knew I'd be there long, and if I couldn't drink there. Everything revolved around drinking, it was like I was chained to it, and fretted when I went somewhere without a way to drink.
That has been like the chains were snapped. I can go do things with my family now without worry of when I can go get my next beer. It feels so wonderful!

My personality has changed for the better. I'm more easy going with my wife and children, and I am more active, also my health is improving. I was taking medicine for high blood pressure, but since I stopped drinking, it's went to normal on it's own.