View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pattyj

Breaking up is hard to do

After becoming sober and starting treatment, I have learned that I do not know how to experience feelings and emotions the right way. I had an eating disorder from 12 to 22. I then had issues with drugs and alcohol since then.

My boyfriend was not accepting the changes in me. I finally held my head high and expressed what I did want to do and what I didn't want to do. He was not up for that. After much fighting and discussing, I decided to end things after 6 years. I am only 30 so I might as well start my life anew now.

The bad part is that my ex is holding the law against me and refuses to leave in the next week or two. He wants to bring lawyers into the situation. Fortunately, the house belongs to my parents and they have a great lawyer.

I had originally just asked for a few days of space from my ex. But he refused to leave his stuff at my house. He has multiply tvs, 1000s of dvds, every gaming system that was every made. He basically choose his stuff over me and that was the last straw.

I do feel as though a weight has lifted off my shoulders... And am excited for this new adventure.