Thread: 2 issues
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
1)
2) real problem. I am having major concentration/lack of desire at work. Not good because I have a fast paced job where intense thinking and concentration is required. Could this possibly be a withdrawal symptom?
Oh boy, I was going to post on this because it is the single biggest issue affecting me right now. And I am three months in! I am a complete space case. Not that I was nearly as on my game as I should have been in the last couple years of my active drinking... but now? I can barely concentrate long enough to turn my computer on and off at work. It's awful. And my job requires me to make decisions too...like routinely. So these days you can find me in my office with my door closed beseeching the heavens that no one asks me to make any sort of decision that day. Or making lists frantically so I don't forget something and then having heart palpitations when I look at the list and realize just how many things I have forgotten already!

Well, if there is every a testimonial for NOT drinking---this would be it. I am trying to be all "zen" about it and realize it is my brain healing from years of abuse and I should be kind to myself...blah, blah, blah. But there are moments, too many of them, when I want to bang my head on my desk in frustration because my brain is somewhere on vacay and I am here to fend without it...

(Thanks for bringing this up, Sinderos, and sorry to vent on your thread---if I didn't do it now I might forget I was even upset about it, getting fascinated watching a dust particle float by....)