View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Florence

You canNOT, NOT, NOT count on the A's parents to see things your way. If they do, it's a miracle and I found that every day was a new day with my former in-laws.
I know it's unreasonable of me at this point, but I am still so sad and disappointed with his family's lack of support. They are a nice family, well-to-do, well-educated, and have always given me platitudes about their support. Not much in the way of actual support, but they sure talk about it a lot.

I should have known at the point I told them about STBXAH's suicide attempt so long ago and they told me it was MY problem to deal with. All these years I continue to be disappointed with their denial and willful blindness. I just can't understand how they could witness the events of the last 5-8 years, and everything before me, and conclude that I'm the obvious bad guy. Of course, who knows what kind of hooey STBXAH has been telling them. I need to get over it.

I don't know. I'm still sad and disappointed about it. I know they're probably feeling insecure about their access to the baby now that I've filed. I'm not interested in keeping her away from anyone -- I just want to make sure that she is SAFE. I will pull out all the stops to see that she is safe. I'm worried about her.

I keep reminding myself that this disease is bigger than me, it's not about me, and I can't control it or fight with it. It's just so hard. I wish my baby's grandparents were able to see the danger and gravity of their son's disease, especially as it pertains to their only granddaughter.