View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
munchkin05

This weekend is Elk Neck which has a beach nearby. Weathers looking good too!
We've been to this one several times before. Only negative to this place is it's very open and everyone is pretty close to each other.
Funny thing is first time we went there I got really sick and tried to sleep almost all day Saturday.
I'm hoping this time we can make it to the beach and DS at least can play in the water some.
Last night I was so dead tired. I finally fell asleep and then suddenly woke up at 130am to go to the bathroom. Next thing you know my mind was racing, as usual.
See my boss hasn't confirmed either way if I can have off tomorrow or not.
The thing that pisses me off about this is even right now, I am both the other office I am assisting and my own office and I am one of the few that will volunteer to do that.
And yet I'm the sh*tty employee who doesn't know anything, the employee that there is no way that I've worked for this company that long, the employee that simply could not have been a Lead before, yada yada yada. Yes, it does **** me off.
Sometimes it really sucks to be the loyal, easy employee who doesn't make a fuss on stuff, who volunteers to help out the office and then because of it gets run over because of it.
Oh well.
Well you wouldn't believe what I started reading again.
Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife. I forgot how much I like this book.
And now that I have over 17 months (May 8th) under my belt I can take different things out of it.
However when she describes her desire for an ice cold vodka martini, that feels a bit weird because I do not remember that as much. I've forgotten that somewhat.
However, I did notice how, like me, she never started out drinking a LOT.
Instead it was a glass of wine while making dinner and then maybe a glass of wine during dinner.
Then a month later it was a martini or two before dinner.
A bottle of wine during dinner.
It built up, slowly and surely.
Which is, once again, a reminder to never start to drink again.
If I ever get it in my mind (and the thought has popped in every so often the past few months) that "hell, I've been sober for this amount of time, a little drink shouldn't hurt. Its only a glass of wine!" I need to squash that thought immediately.
Because I too started at only a glass or two of wine.

So anyways, keep me in your thoughts/prayers or whatever that I get off tomorrow. I really would like to get this silver out of my hair and I really would like to relax with a facial, even though it is kind of an expensive extravagance.

Oh and big pat on hubbys back! HE IS DOING ACAP! (army career assistance program)
Last night he came home going on and on about how they told him that there would be a big transition, a mental transition, etc etc, yada yada yada.
Oh boy, who told him that before? Its okay, I didn't rub it in too much.
I just looked a bit smug.
He is now working the program for the next week at least. After this week I'm not exactly certain of his schedule.
Nice thing is now he no longer has the drive (for this week at least) back and forth to work. Instead he stays on the same post as me. Saving some $$ on gas. Like that lots!

Still here & Still sober!