Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MTM82

Thumbs up Yesterday changed my life! Please come read!!! GET HELP!!

Soberrecovery.com friends....greetings!!!! I first posted here 8 months ago in this thread (i haven't posted enough so they won't let me post the link to my original post back in September)

In that thread I created.....I was drunk, having a pity party and feeling sorry for myself, and though I talked a good game, and probably meant well, I did nothing about my problem. I have continued to drink heavily, nearly a pint every other night, for the last 8 months.

Finally, my wife got to the point where she was serious about leaving, calling friends to ask if she could stay with them and packing her things. I vowed to go to counseling/therapy, and I did.

Here I am, 3 weeks later, after seeing a psychiatrist. I told him everything. All the lies I've told over the years, all the ******** I told my wife so she'd leave me alone while I would sneak upstairs and chug a pint in 30 seconds, all the lies I told myself like "I made it through a week of work, its Friday, I deserve a drink."

For the first time after 6 years of being a functioning alcoholic, I'm finally getting help. I am currently on a medium dose of citolopram for depression, and Naltrexone for the alcohol cravings. I am only 20 days into my medication, and I can't begin to describe the freedom I feel. I am not craving alcohol at all, which is the first time I've been able to say that for 5-6 years.

I am so happy, my wife and I are doing much better, and most importantly, I feel like I have control of my life for the first time in ages. I cried tears of joy for days after the meds kicked in, feeling myself again.

PLEASE...if you're a member or a guest reading this, get help. feel free to PM me if you need to, I would love to talk to anybody through e-mail or even give a phone call if you need somebody to talk to. I've been a slave to the bottle for so long, and now that I'm finally liberated, i want to spread the love and support!!!!!