View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
pixilation

First physical incident was 1996(before alcohol), next few were in 97-98, then not until 2000. Alcohol started in 2002, getting much worse after his return from s. korea in 2003. Next incident was severe, he put his arm on my throat. The last physical incident was 3 years ago, it had then progressed to being held down, and choked until i almost passed out( i only think i survived because my children were woken up by my screams) i was never brave enough to call the cops, until i had already made plans to move out, that time was likely a missed physical incident.

It doesn't get better, towards the end i was going to food pantries for food while he made 5k a month, i wasn't being given money for groceries. I listened to weekly(if not more)late night drunken tantrums, constant emotional and verbal abuse. It's profoundly affected my children, 17 year old is a delinquent who has stolen from me, and just last week got a minor in consumption. 10year old freaks out about alcohol. 5yo is socially immature.

I wish everyday i'd been brave enough to leave earlier.