Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Angiekins3

Got up the courage to ask for a sponsor ..Am I overreacting??!!

So yesterday I finally got up the courage to ask someone to be my sponsor at a meeting. When the leader asked asked who is available I looked at the girls who raised their hands and there was someone that I enjoyed listening to speak. She is young and I just enjoyed her advice so I asked. It took everything in me to ask. I said would you be my temporary sponsor (this way if we didn't click I could find someone else) she said yes and then about 5 min later said she couldn't cause she was getting married. OK WHY raise your hand then Why offer yourself?? So she said Ill be happy to start the steps with you...but now I don't want to. I want to start the process with someone that is going to take me through the steps. Am I overreacting I don't want to share certain things with someone and then them not be available and start with someone else. I don't get why she raised her hand and I want to say something tonight but I am not sure how to. I just think I am gonna tell her what I said above that I would like to start with one person??
Any advice would be great cause this has gotten me in a pissy mood all of a sudden and I have a meeting in an hour. Grrrrrr!
Angie