Thread: Begin Again
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by nonsensical
Sadly, I don't even remember talking to her, so I don't know what I said.
That's called a blackout. As you know, that's when alcohol interferes with the normal functioning of the receptors in the brain, keeping the memory of things you do from being transferred to your long term memory.

Basically, it's hours that you have literally lost. Hours that you will never be able to get back. Hours that eventually add up to a huge chunk of a lifetime.

How many more are you going to waste?

I would agree that losing your dog is heartbreaking. Losing mine was one of the worse days of my life. It equalled my divorce. That bad. and so what? That's life, dude.

Parties, sadness, stress...whatever, take it down to the bare bones. These are not triggers, these are excuses. There is never a valid and true reason to drink. Never.

It is a free country, Non (where we live anyway) and I believe in everyone's right to freedom. That includes one's right to drink...even drink themselves to death. That also means that one must accept the consequences that go along with their choice to imbibe. You can drink and eventually lose your family, your friends, your job, your dignity (what's left anyway), or you can not drink and thrive as a person who shines even in cyberspace.

You cannot have it both ways.