Thread: Begin Again
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fandy

I'm so sorry that you had to put your dog down...that might have also let your guard down....my one cat died suddenly in his sleep (i slept with the body all night and didn't know it)...it was on a Wednesday morning that i discovered the dead cat in bed, but Wednesday is my "teaching day" for the med students, I have lectures scheduled and NOTHING changes that...i have a room full of 20 people waiting for me...I put on my game face and muddled through.

but my upset over the loss of dear Wylie Coyote (the maine coon cat who had a heart attack on the down comforter) did not set in until the weekend....which i cried through and drank heavily. I justified that it was fitting to mourn him with booze. Iknow the cat died under the best possible circumstances, did not suffer and was in bed with me and his other cat family..but i still drank heavily.

Last week it was whole foods lunch, this week it was sushi-bar waiting and the party...I'm curious as to why you drank the wine first? You could have given that to your wife to save for herself...you had beer and bourbon (another favorite of mine, damn).

I hope you get a grasp of this and maybe seek some FTF counsel, because i can't help but think that something is niggleling your subconscious...Your posts are usually good positive and solid, you're responsible and accountable. I look forward to reading you daily, but i am also concerned.