View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AugustWest11

Sadly I am in the same boat; so I feel for ya .. I have been struggling all day about taking a drink b\c of it .. Just had a post that i was "working" on; I am struggling so hard, that I started typing at 11am but had to back away, move, or "something" for your post. Not trying to "jump" it or anything like that but it has given me a chance to open up some of what my problem is; Pain .. When I was 16 Fell 40+ feet and ended up in a coma; Thank Buddha no "serious" damage was done . I had to learn to walk talk, write, & "function" all over again .. They told me then my lower back would always be in pain .. Fast forward to 7 years ago; I had a large cancerous tumor in my lower back; they said have it removed or chemo .. I watched WAY to many friends\family suffer that to be willing to sign up for that; so I asked if he (the nuero surgeon) thought he could get it all. He said yes .. next thing you know I am missing half; if not more of my lower back muscle mass .. So yes every day is a struggle w\ pain for me . I see my Doctor again the 26th w\ no meds now b\c they are scared to prescribe too many .. Which I am not sure is a bad thing; I personally HATE taking them .. But like you I hate the pain more . So I want to thank you again for helping ME stay alcohol free for another 10 minutes, and want you to know that Yea your not alone even in this situation . I wish you the best w\ what you are trying to accomplish here and again; even though you are a Yankees fan TY