Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by abefroman View Post
Yea you are right. It's not like i only get the urge to drink on great weather days. If we we had a week straight of rain, I know I would be drinking regardless. I guess what I meant was, I need new outdoor hobbies, lol.
You don't necessarily need new hobbies, but we do need to definitely change how we go about not only our hobbies but our daily life. Triggers exist everywhere, so it's really about finding ways to enjoy your life and work without alcohol on top of it. For me I reached the point that I wasn't drinking to feel good, but drinking because I didn't feel normal if I didn't. It took a while after I quit to start feeling normal, and even several months in I have days where I feel like crap or out of it. But overall things are much better.

You are very lucky in that you still have your family, job, health. Just this morning I talked with a secretary in our main office who attended a funeral for a high school friend that died from cirrhosis at 42. It's just not worth the risk. I wish you the best of luck and please stay with us here at SR, the support is great.