View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
noexcuse

Day 2....better

Thank you for all the replies and support. I had a rough 29 hours, about. Felt quite a bit better for a couple hours last night but then back to the nausea. Fortunately, a good night of sleep has done wonders and I was able to get up, get the kids ready, take care of the dog, pack up everything and make it to work. I'm still a little shaky, but going for roughly 30 hours with little to no food or fluid is likely to do that to a person. My goal today is to drink plenty of water, get through the workday, and then spend some of that time with my kids that I missed out on on Mother's Day.

As for detox, my guess is that if I'm already feeling better (even the mild tremors in my hands are all gone), I'm not worried about suddenly starting to have seizures, and that was my main concern. Any other uncomfortable feelings are mine to own, and I'm not going to go to a doctor to get some other meds to make it easier on myself.

Rehab is still something that I would like to consider...but I have more than a little pushback from my husband. When I mentioned it this last time, his response was, "So, when are you planning on abandoning your family?" Every other response has been equally 'supportive.' He did say that we can make our house like a rehab - toss out any alcohol and go for 28 days without anything in the house. He seems to think that that's all rehab is, a place where you can dry out. His one quasi-valid point is that once you get out of rehab, your day 29 is the equivalent of another day 1 because now everything that you left behind is laid out in front of you again. We'll see.

I have to say, taking my license away for a month certainly didn't teach me any lessons about not drinking. All I did was overdue it ALL the time because I didn't have to worry about driving. Sick thinking - as if driving is my only responsibility. But I can definitely see my AV at work behind that thinking. Seriously messed up.

Looking forward to checking back in tomorrow. This is my support system for right now (hubby works nights, I can't drive, and two kids at home), but I think I'll be back at AA, or maybe I'll try another type of meeting, once I get my driving permit back this weekend. Hope everyone is having a good day!