Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Ok so there is no AA police preventing my friend from giving me full details as to why he doesn't want me to date this man.

So looks like my friend's problem is not at that level. Has to be something personal then.

Also, my friend asked me to never tell my love interest I know him. So my friend doesn't fear from my security but he does for his....kind of.
Well first, has you friend always been a good and trusted friend who has your back? If yes then if I were you I would truly listen.
Second, there might not be an AA police but your friend is doing what is ethically right by not gossiping about what that person shared at meetings.
Like we say: What you see here, what you hear here, let it stay here!

If he was the kind of person who ran his mouth about what happens in the rooms, he would be the kind of person to gossip about you wouldn't he?
If you trust your friend is a real friend and has your best interest at heart then follow his advice. For all you know, the guy might have a STD, ripped off his grandmother or maybe is a sex offender or God knows what.
If you are still ambivalent, you might want to run a background check on your love interest to see what you are getting yourself into.