View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Yah doesn't matter how long sober any of us have, we are all just one bad choice away from a drink or drug. Learn from it, don't beat yourself up. be grateful no serious consequences.

Try to review when it was that the thought of drinking was beginning to sound like an option in your mind. It was probably awhile before you actually picked up. For me when I relapsed it was about 3 weeks earlier that I began thinking about alcohol and romancing the drink, that is when I needed to address the thinking and talk to another alkie in recovery and tell on myself. Whenever I am thinking about drinking I need to tell someone in SR , my sponsor, or someone in AA.

Those little secrets are what keep us sick.

As long as you learned right?
Sure I read the whole of your post, Deeker, why wouldn't I? The rest of the post doesn't make any difference to my posting my earlier response to your:

"Yah doesn't matter how long sober any of us have, we are all just one bad choice away from a drink or drug."

I appreciate your share, Deeker. I don't agree with it is all I'm saying. Is that really a problem for you?

Telling on myself would not have kept me sober, speaking personally. Not having plans to drink is what, in part, keeps me sober. As well, my alcoholism sickness exists whether I keep little secrets or not, it couldn't care less either way.

Anyways, I'm not against what your sharing Deeker, its yours to share. I'm just sharing something different. Something that worked and works for me.

Its when you said "any of us" .... well, it simply isn't the case. Here I am, and I'm much more then a couple of "bad choices" away from any drink.

Have a good day, Deeker.