View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ivegotsunshine

Chasing a feeling

Been reflecting a lot lately. Anyone from New England knows that with new seasons come a whole new wave of nostalgia. Spring is the one for me. It gives me the sense of new life. Everything is waking up from a long cold winter. Trees are budding, apple blossoms promising sweet fruit at the end of summer, the smell of fresh cut grass, kids playing in the back yard. I love the sound of the birds chirping outside an open bedroom window, and there is nothing sweeter than an afternoon nap after working in the yard all day... These are feelings. All five senses come together and all I can say is I AM LIVING. Finally. For the first time in years I am feeling the feelings I used to search for with alcohol. It is finally coming to me. I am finally realizing that what I have been yearning for has been here all along. I have been sheltering myself from these feelings for so many years.
I hate not drinking. But the joy I feel when the wind whips through my hair and the sun shines on my face when I take a run? That my friends is what its all about.