Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
IWillWin

My strength came from someplace deep inside me that I didn't even know I had. I just knew I wanted to do it, tried as hard as I could, became as educated as I could (thanks SR!) about what was happening to me both physically and mentally, and then I picked a date and did it. (to clarify, I had several failed attempts for about a year or so before it stuck, I like to think it was because my toolbox wasn't full yet!)

Once my withdrawal was over, I went to AA meetings and enjoyed being around others who understood what I was going through and they did help especially those first crucial months. Now, 8+ months of choosing a sober life, I don't find myself wanting to attend AA but I'm very,very glad it is there if I need it. Otherwise, once the fog lifted and I started living with a clear head, I've gotten busy doing just that.

I remain vigilant in my commitment to sobriety and use this site now as my primary tool - it helps to remind me that I don't know where I'm going but I sure know where I've been. And SR reminds me that I never, ever want to go back. Ever.

Last edited by IWillWin; 05-12-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Clarify