Old 05-12-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bluegalangal

Originally Posted by luv2teachkids View Post
I'm sorry you are going through this. It certainly isn't fun. I'm learning that during the "dry drunk" period, all I wanted was for him to be nice. I was craving his attention. Now that he is working at his sobriety, he is craving me and I am the one who is stand offish. Now that things on his end are peaceful, my emotions are getting time to come through and it isn't pretty. Funny how we build up emotions and bury them deep inside. ;(
I think I'm here right now, thank you for posting this. He is going to AA and to Al-Anon and now telling me I would "find value" in Al-Anon (i.e. I "should" go!). And he's all "whatever you want" and "I don't want to live in chaos."

And right now I'm like screw that! I didn't want to live in chaos either! (I don't want to, which is why I'm taking steps to help me get out of this chaos.) But I'm just angry right now. And I sure don't want him all "oh I'm all better you should get better too!" Look, you idiot, I'm the one who had to live with you! Aside from the fact that, hello, I'm NOT you, my "better" is going to be a whole lot different from yours because I am/was coping with an entirely different set of things than you were to begin with... from YOU!

EAAAAAAAAUUUGHH. Venting.