View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by jfred1610 View Post
Thanks for the replies! I would warn anyone of thinking they have it beat. I just thought that this job would be the one I grew old with, lol. I'm also dealing with rejection from the one woman I have truly loved. I'll get back on track but this is just a really rough patch for me. Two days does not diminish all of the wonderful things I have achieved. My perception is still not where I want it to be. I have been working 7 days a week 6am to midnight and I thought I could handle it. I have to remember to keep my Superman cape in the closet.

Yah doesn't matter how long sober any of us have, we are all just one bad choice away from a drink or drug. Learn from it, don't beat yourself up. be grateful no serious consequences.

Try to review when it was that the thought of drinking was beginning to sound like an option in your mind. It was probably awhile before you actually picked up. For me when I relapsed it was about 3 weeks earlier that I began thinking about alcohol and romancing the drink, that is when I needed to address the thinking and talk to another alkie in recovery and tell on myself. Whenever I am thinking about drinking I need to tell someone in SR , my sponsor, or someone in AA.

Those little secrets are what keep us sick.

As long as you learned right?