View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
visch1

HI. I'm in AA and it works for people who will surrender the fact that their way isn't working, for them. I whined and twisted most things I heard for a couple years and fortunately people said KEEP COMING. Finally honesty stepped in to help me and being brilliant decided to follow what others successful members were doing. I didn't pick up the first drink, got to about 10 meetings a week, got very active, spoke at commitments and made coffee for years, set up halls and stayed to clean up. Then came the work of examining the reasons for my drinking and working on them. Work, yes! Worth it? YES!
Quite a few years later I still do much of the above but have slowed to about 5-6 meetings a week. I/we constantly have to be aware of the shite fairy between our ears saying things like you'll be ok now with one drink. That sort of thing is what scares me with the "I can handle things now that I'm sober for a month or whatever" I, by lots of examples practice constant vigilance as I probably don't have another return token left. BE WELL