Old 05-12-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
DesperadoBlond
Memberado

Hi Hypochondriac!

Yeah, I too have issued that I have been trying to hide!

There is this ONE HUGE issue that I am absolutely aware of that I know I am going to have to discuss with a shrink.

I thought I was going to just be able to ignore it for the rest of my life, but from what I hear here and in AA is that you don't do that stuff anymore. Things need to be dealt with.

There's no end to the tests in our paths is there?

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
I don't know about you DesperadoBlond but drinking was covering up a lot of sh;t in my life. And it all came bubbling up to the surface sober. That is no bad thing though. It was a little scary but facing up to things rather than drinking because of them is a really life affirming thing. The fear dissipates as you start doing things about them. If you feel like your old life is gone then get started on your new one

I had the whole fatigue thing too. I swear that was sucking the life out of me for months, but it was part of my recovery, or depression, or something. I'd recommend going to the docs about that too as I had an underlying medical problem that wasn't helping.

I found all of this stuff really frustrating too so I understand. The relief I guess came in accepting what everyone kept telling me, that I was right where I need to be. It's a process, don't try and skip bits x