View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sleeplessinco

Britgirl- Congrats on 27 days! That is quite an accomplishment! I am in the same boat as you are it seems, as I have been sober 30 days and am starting to feel shaky again in my commitment to total abstinence. It flashes in my head at times picturing myself at some point down the road drinking or telling myself I could be like other people who drink "this time" and I'm starting to feel worse physically again as well. I have reached out for support and keep reminding myself that my addictive voice will tell me anything to get me to drink again and that if I do drink I will have to start all over and it will be worse and harder the next time so why bother!! I have to keep reminding myself that I don't like the person I am when I drink and that in order to be and become the person I want to be, alcohol is not a part of that, nor will it be ever. Then I give myself a moment to grieve that fact and try to move on to more positive forward thinking. Some days are better than others when it comes to that, today was not one a good one for me. Tomorrow will be better. At least I will wake up not hung over or going through the guilt/shame cycle. It doesn't get much worse than that!