View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

Originally Posted by EndStage View Post
Welcome Inspiring!
You have come to the right place.
All of us on SR (SoberRecovery) really do support one another without judgment; just encouragement to keep pressing in one day at a time.
I am 51 days sober and everyday I have come to SR whether it is to look at others success stories, share my own, seeing other being honest in their struggles, etc...
I hope out of all of this, you will see the same thing I have seen, freedom from dependency of alcohol.
What I have chosen to do is not weakness; it is finding new strength in myself. The only person who can help me, is me!
I have found newness in life that I have never experienced from the bottom of a bottle. I find myself laughing and actually believing that I actually can have goodness in my life.
The same goes for you! No matter where you are at in life whether that may be struggling with Alcoholism or even pain, torment, depression, anxiety, feelings of low self-esteem due to drinking, you are still here and you are not what these things make you believe who you are: worthless, useless, out of control, friendless, unlovable, horrible, ugly, disgusting, undesirable; deserve to be trapped in a hole, buried, and left there to starve, decay and be forgotten by the world.
This you are not!
You are ALIVE, worthy, strong, successful, loveable, beautiful, cherished, desirable, changed, accepted.
Your strongest thought becomes reality; even the underlying ones that you are not even aware of will do so. In this way, you become what you think. Now is the time to take ACTION. And the most beneficial action you can take is to become aware about yourself and your thought patterns.
You are not responsible for your first thought, but you are responsible for your next action.
Gorgeous post, EndStage!