View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zeroptzero

It would be great if I could get to a place where a glass or two of wine would be enjoyable, meaning, if only a glass or two of wine would mellow me out, give me a slight buzz, just take me away for a bit. If only this could occur without triggering an intense craving for more alcohol. Since I know this can't happen, I don't try it. I have managed to stay sober by being honest with myself. When was the last time I had one or two drinks, stopped, and it was enjoyable? Alcohol just does not work for me that way. We are all different. If you can pull it off, our hats are off to you, so the saying goes. The idea of being able to sip socially is tempting as a hypothetical, I know what the reality is so I have steered clear. It is really difficult to say never again at the beginning, and no one says you have to. I could not fathom a life completely without alcohol. All I did at first was decide not to drink today. Just for today I will not drink. The fear of life without alcohol has been replaced by a fear of ever going back to it.