View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bucolic

Thank you all for the encouragement, praise, and suggestions!

do you think you might still be in a mental place of between drinks?

seems like you're missing it, and the lifestyle, and the friends - weekends seem like a prison sentence... and you haven't really started on building a new life?
Hopefully I am not between drinks and won't go back. As long as I stay busy I seem to be ok. Your right it is time to start on getting out of the shell and pick up on all my hobbies I used to love!

You posted on the downside- is there an upside?
There is most definitely and upside and I am going to write a post on those next. I suspect it will far outweigh the struggles I posted here.

Now I'm more quiet and reserved and we can't connect like we once did. But, with time, I see that those 'fun' times all too often led me to anxiety and shame. Danger too.

Is there a chance you could be looking back with 'rosé coloured glasses' at those times?
I think you nailed it here. Without alcohol I am actually very shy but give me a few and as the song says "You can't get me off the Karaoke machine". I will say many times I went over the previous night though and was embarrassed at the way I acted.

I go to Church now on a Friday evening
Great Idea!!!

And that's just what it is its a really awful ex who best us and humiliated us and brought us to unbelievably bad places but the sex was great! (Metaphorically speaking).
LOL...never thought of it that way but boy what a great analogy !! And just like an EX you get back with them and it's good for awhile but pretty soon your right back to what made you break up in the first place!

Again thanks everyone for the great words and advice. I am going to write another post on the good stuff that has come from my sobriety. There has been a lot!