Thread: Pray for me.
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
TrixMixer

Originally Posted by Dib42 View Post
It is very hard... but it isn't as hard as you think its going to be... We have a tendancy early in to make it seem way more difficult than it actually is. We start putting insane scenerios together and try to figure out how to combat drinks we haven't even been offerred yet... My own personal favorite of mine was "How am I going to celebrate my sobriety?"

It really comes down to one simple thing . . . Just don't drink. However we'll make that the hardest thing in the entire world to do.
This statement is a good one to read and remind you that we should not get "ahead" of ourselves in our thinking. I just recently help a frien get sober and the hardest thing for him was thinking that he would NEVER be able to have a drink again. This thought was so paralysing he never wanted to even entertain the idea of sobriety.

I can not say this enough---YOU can not think of it that way. You must get up each morning and believe it is just for this day that you cannot have a drink, then get up the next day and believe you just have to get through this day........needless to sayn if you take it minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day--one day you will wake up and not even think about "Drinking".
You will ten be going home from your long and arduous climb out of Alcoholism.

It really does work by thinking small baby steps. Don't look at the big picture. You will have plenty of time to reflect on the journey once you are at home in the arms of sobriety.

Good luck. Good life