View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
miyako

Dollyangel -- consider yourself lucky! Mine weren't the extreme delirium tremens/cold sweats freakouts that others describe, but I had persistent headaches, fatigue, brain fatigue, irritability/nerves and other weirdnesses for months after. As for the one symptom you did mention -- yes I had that -- plus I had a whole heck of a lot of the other kind of excretion for at least the first month. It kept me busy. Must have been my liver expelling fat.

InspiringBurden -- I had an interesting opposite result. I quit for about a month and the withdrawal symptoms were agony. Then I relapsed for a few months and tried again. Next attempt my withdrawal symptoms were much better -- nasty, but bearable. That's how come I've stayed straight this time. It could be because I didn't use sugar as my methadone the second time around? I don't know what eased the second withdrawal.

What I have read that scares the bejeepers out of me is that repeat, on-again, off-again relapses from alcohol do really BAD damage to the brain and other organs. But especially the brain. You really want to try to get sober and then STAY that way if you don't want to end up with alcoholic psychosis ...