View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
InspiringBurden

Inspiring Leadership at a Cost...

Hello all,

When you are a very well known person, it's quite extraordinary what 'perfection' people following you will ascribe to your character. It can be a very lonely place.

I was going to go into my personal story a little more, but I'll be brief. I am a somewhat uncommon public figure in an emerging field of work where many thousands place their hopes for better community in my activities. My alcoholism is not only a secret from them, but also a secret from my family - hence until I posted this message, I was very alone with the problem.

I've just discovered SoberRecovery.com as a consequence of a deepening desire to make changes in my personal life. I has become obvious to me that I am now an alcoholic and the truth of that statement was completely evident when on the second night of obstinance for drinking I had the most frightfully unpleasant attempted 'sleep' in my life.

Waking in cold sweats, twitching, terribly odd thoughts on waking of being hit by hundreds of microscopic bits of steel, blood pressure so great I could feel my body pulsing, sore limbs and near insanity. This experience was memorable.

Seven years ago I successfully quit cigarettes after fifteen years of smoking. If you'd asked me a year or two prior that I could manage that I would never have believed it. I'll never smoke again, and smoking represents no bother to me now.

Now I have become an alcoholic and I'm going to overcome this also...

Thanks for reading and for making what looks like a great forum for assisting people with this problem!