View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sazzle

Originally Posted by Doora View Post
Hi guys, its good to hear your thoughts and feelings. I am on day 6 sober and feeling strong I too relate to finding a new you, it's as if my spiritual light bulb has been switched back on (I always knew it was there in the background)
Do any of you find yourselves avoiding a few people while you are on your journey of recovery? I dread invites to dinner/drinks with my wider circle of friends. You know the kind, those who may coax you to drink or even slip a shot in your cola 'jokingly'.
Well, I just listened to Alicia Keys 'brand new me' and it took on a whole new meaning! Have a listen if u get a chance
Well today is going to be a great, sober day for me and I wish you all a beautiful, sober day. Bless xxx
Alicia keys, brand new me. Just listens to it and downloaded the album. Thanks so much! I think this will now become my soundtrack to sobriety 😋

Patty, great topic for me today. I am becoming more assertive and I'm finding it fascinating watching others reactions to situations I used to avoid. People don't mind it when I say 'no' (I'm a terrible people pleaser!) and if they don't like my response to boundary issues then I'm slowly backing away from them like Doora is. I too have 'friends' who would spike a drink for a laugh (well, they aren't so much friends anymore)

I've also started weight training and this has helped immensely with my body issues. I'm focusing on strength and flexibility and I'm beginning to look at my (shrinking but still podgy) body in a brand new light.

I truly feel like I'm turning an emotional corner.

Have a great weekend Patty

S x