Thread: Frustrations
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FeenixxRising

Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I just realized that dwelling on the hate people have for me is only causing me to hate myself for no reason at all. Anger is so easy to get caught up in. I'm going to do my best to stay happy and keep loving myself and others who love me. I enjoy being sober my life is better bc of it. I'm not letting some punk B take that away from me.
Hate is a strong word. Are there really people who "hate" you? Or are they just people who are disagreeable or insensitive? I can't think of a single person who I actually "hate". Nor, am I aware of anyone who "hates" me. Sure, I dislike some people, but disliking someone is a lot different from "hating".

Anyway, the point to all that rambling is you might be getting worked-up about something that isn't really true. You may think people "hate" you but they may just be people who are unthinking or a bit insensitive to what you're going through. And to be honest, those people will always be around, and there's almost nothing you can do to change their behavior and attitudes. But you can change your attitude, and it sounds like that's exactly what you're doing.