Old 05-10-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
javamama

How do you get through movies and "relaxing" time?

Hi everyone, I'm on day 1 again, had 6 days sober this week. Tried to go to a AA meeting today, but I wouldn't step foot in there. Outside were a bunch of creepy old dudes smoking, and the building looked really old, almost abandoned. I know they have some at churches, and I think I am going to those. My husband was going to drop me off and as he drove by, he said "no way your getting down there" Anyway, I hate to be bak on day 1, especially after doing 6 days so well, I had wine last night while watching a movie on our new tv we got yesterday. I was excited to relax with some wine, it's what I look forward to at the end of the day. Then my husband was off today, so it was much easier to indulge last night. I wish I can just sit and enjoy a movie or relax without wine, but its like I don't enjoy anything as much as when I have wine. I laugh more, feel more into the movies etc. and I'm just in a better mood period. I'm on antidepressant's and have been for a year now, I have never been depressed but I takes them for severe anxiety, and it has worked wonders, I just don't why my mood is still so much happier with wine, it's like my savior and I'm in love with it. At this point it seems like I'm stopping more for my husband than myself, cause I just can't seem to get it through my head that alcohol is bad for me and I can't have just one or two drinks...