View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jstanthrgrl31

Missing my friend...

The day I was given the get sober ultimatum which I took of course because my daughter and my husband and the rest of my family mean everything to me. I was told I needed to break all contact with my best friend of 17 years, it wasn't easy to agree but I did knowing that we as her sister who's a social worker puts it are toxic for one another. It wasn't always that way not until about 2 years ago when it seemed like the only thing we did when we hung was drugs. So I didn't say goodbye I changed my number deleted my email and deactivated my Facebook all in one fail swoop but god knows I looked back as I did it.... I know she won't understand she'll blame my husband and tell me i Need to leave him ... Can he be an ass absolutely but I can be ten times worse to live with... But really I'm missing my daily phone calls to her I hate not being able to check on her she's unstable at times and has a drug addiction as well so I like to make sure she's okay. I miss her but I can't go back I know I can't it's not a good choice at this time