View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NashMylwife

Hi I have a husband who is an alcoholic

Hi. I am new to this obviously. My Husband is an alcoholic. That is why I am trying to just get some input from others on how to handle the situation. He & I have been together off and on for 33 years. We were divorced back in 2001 then got back together in 2008. I knew he was probably an alcoholic in 2008 but I thought my love & support could help him stop the drinking. Unfortunatley he was diagnosed with MGUS a pre cancerous condition in 2010.He now has progressed to smoldering myeloma. His brother & father both died from Multiple Myeloma. So.. the drinking has become worse worse the last year. I have tried to reason with him given his health & all... but he is now at the point that to him it is preferrable to die from the liver failure than cancer.
So this is my life. Our two young adult children age 22 & 19 have also tried to reason with him to no avail. I am afraid that he will either lose his job or have an accident drunk driving, or get arrested. I pray that he won't hurt an innocent person on the road. I need help dealing with the anger & frustration & sorrow at losing my husband to this disease not to mention, someday cancer... any advice would be wonderful.. thanks !