View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by raja12 View Post
I do aa meetings every now and then. I really don't have any other support systems except for a few family members and friends. I've been reading about avrt tho. I just really need 2 go live somewhere else for awhile, while I'm so new in sobriety. Got 2 much on my plate in my home life situation 2 really focus on me. Thanks for asking. Any ideas?
I personally think you need to make hard choices about what's most important. If sobriety is important to you, you need to make time for it. We all have busy lives and lots of things going on around us, and it's easy to use those things as excuses to postpone treatment/support, etc.. Not to minimize your problems at all, but in reality you aren't going to get sober until you committ 100% to it.

Maybe you could increase the frequency of your AA meetings. Or perhaps check to see if there are any low cost or free outpatient rehab programs? Many of them are not every day and for only a couple of hours at a time.

Bottom line, we'll always have problems in our life. And they don't get any better while we are still drinking.