View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I have determined that I am done. Several times.

It leaves me things to think about if I am to make this the last time I determine that I am done.
I understand this kind of thinking. I've no problem with your reviewing what happened. Yeah, you can over do it, I suppose, but to not do some kind of accounting is to me anyways also wrong. The Beast is on both sides of that equation from my point of view.

There really is no secret trick to quitting drinking. As for quitting forever, same deal really, its not rocket science. Quit means quit. Not being forever simply means there are conditions on the quit. Conditions breed doubt and doubt creates room for AV to flourish. So its an uphill battle without the forever included with the quit.

For me, what happened to you was more just an extended time of addiction ambivalence in play. I doubt many will agree with me, but nonetheless.

Move past this, Non. Shake it off. Get back to where you know you gotta be with yourself to get this thing behind you. Quitting works. You already know that for yourself. The rest is just wrapping things up and standing tall knowing you're still okay with yourself.

Take it easy.