Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Legend40

Question: is there need for prayer in sobriety?

i have been hearing a lot of chatter online in other forums, other chat rooms and around my city that prayer is a essential part of sobriety. please explain to me why that is so important? i do not pray and i have my reasons behind it, something i wont share in a public forum but would share via private message. when i mention to some sober people that i dont pray they give me this look as if i have 3 eyeballs, why? if i mention in chat, anywhere some people, not all seem to act as if i am on a road to failure. why is that? i feel GREAT today, i have felt great over my last 31 days of sobriety. are these people trying to bring me down? if i dont pray will i not be associated with? i feel to each their own, if your living a positive life and lifestyle then who cares? i have never once judged a person because they go to church or pray. i simply say that is not for me. so am i going to be dammed to hell because of this? i dont like how people make me feel after the conversation. i walk away thinking, geez, what did i say, am i that bad of a person? i really could use some positive advice on this one please, i refuse to allow it to ruin my day. i would just like another perspective on the matter, thanks.