Old 05-08-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jackit50

Withdrawal Symptoms and Recovery. Questions

I recently just started cold turkey with sobriety after a night of binge drinking. Been a heavy drinker (everyday) for a while now and on weekends would drink even more. With Cinco De Mayo this past sunday i figured "hey you know what. I should get really drunk!" after i had been drinking since saturday afternoon.

Spent the night at a friends house sunday night. Came home monday and slept till 6pm. Later that night the shakes kicked in and i still hadnt been able to eat all day and spent the night rolling around and not sleeping, throwing up and getting cold sweats.

At about finally 11 am yesterday I made myself get out of bed and eat some soup since i was shaking so much. Almost to the point i called 911 (which is a lot for me to do) I figured id give it 30 minutes to get a little better and see how it goes. I felt a little bit better after that. Went to the bathroom only to see urine a very dark color. i knew i was highly dehydrated. I started drinking tons of water, and kept eating soup. I did this all through out the day and started feeling a lot better.

I woke up today feeling great except for a headache i have and still feel fatigued, and just like blah. Maybe the fog mind people talk about?

Anyone have any idea as to how long these will last. and what i should do to help?

Also i know i should've went to the doctors. I wouldnt recommend what I did for anyone. Worse feeling ive ever had. Im just glad im now able to sleep a little bit and feeling a bit better.