View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
jkb

I have been thinking lots about all my cyber-friends... soberlicous, fini, recieved, non, GT... well all of you. I have been sober 8 weeks. I quit fighting with my beast after my last drunk. That has truly been freeing. Sure I have thoughts about drinking as you all know (lol) but, they are fleeting now. Most days I just live my life and it doesnt really cross my mind.

Last night I finished RR up to the part where he gets into politcs and treatment. I may hold off on reading that part right away. I will just read it here and there. Anyway, I noticed he talks alot about acceptance of self. In no way is unconditional acceptance of self needed for sobriety but, it sure sounds nice. Maybe after I finish the other 2 self help books I am currently reading I will grab a book about it...lol. Some of us need more help than others right.

Anyway, life is falling into place. Sobriety helps with that. I have to stay dilligent about my thinking and I do get that. In fact that is what this thread is for. After all I dont want to end up "celebrating" two months sober like I did the first time around with 1 month sober...... to you all for being there. Jess