Old 05-08-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Lulu39

Originally Posted by Bluegalangal View Post
I'm not sure it's evidence of a healthy marriage.
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Dunno if you have ever dealt with and Alcohol, Addicts, or Mentally Ill parent or spouse?
The thread was about "How to have a healthy marriage in AA and Al anon". A marriage is between two people.

Hammer, do you feel that you have a real and true marriage with your wife?

I do understand that perhaps you were sharing a lighter side regarding how you and your child cope with your wife's addictions and mental illness. It is probably healthier than perhaps you having a co-dependent rage.

I have an AXH and am a mother of three, teens. My AXH is an alcoholic and a drug addict. He has also been diagnosed with a depressive illness but he chooses to do nothing about it. That's why I'm here.

Originally Posted by Bluegalangal View Post
Kids don't give respect, as they get older, because they're "supposed" to; It would be nice if it worked that way, but the kids aren't five forever.
I am lucky that my teenagers do. I think it's possibly more to do with them doing martial arts training 3 times a week and learning humility and respect and manners in the Dojo than anything deep and philosophical I ever said or any Ala-teen brochure they ever bothered to read.

I can highly recommend martial arts for kids of addicts. The teachers and the advanced students are fantastic role models for what it means to be healthy in mind, body and spirit.