View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
redjeepgirl76

Exclamation Suboxone Maintenance Detox Experiences??

I have never done anything like this online before.....Everything I've read has been doctors and information....I'm looking for personal experiences.....I'll give you all a little bit of info.

I'm 28 y.o. and I'm currently on 16ml a day of suboxone. I have had a long history of opiod dependence. I was on oxycontin for around 6 years and was highly addicted-200mgs daily.....not prescribed....very expensive. I had to get off of it. I ended up at a methadone clinic for 4 years at 140ml a day. Within the last 4 months i dropped from 140 to 25....and then cold turkey...

I would rather die than feel that again. I had convulsions, ect....I went almost 2 weeks without anything...including sleep or food.

I admitted myself into a recovery center and started on suboxone. It instantly fixed my withdrawals.....now i'm 4 months into it and scared about coming off of this....my doctor told me that your receptors heal while your on this?? And w/d will be minimal. I'm supposed to do maintenence for a year and start tapering.

Does anyone know how i'll feel?? Is suboxone just another waste of time?? Will i feel like i'm going to die again?? I don't think i could live through that again.....Please let me know if anyone has done suboxone maintenance