Thread: AHA!!!! (long)
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living

Wow - you really did have an "AHA" moment. One thing you did not mention is how many day's, weeks or months you have been sober? I am not one to offer much advice, as I am approaching my one month mark, but I think you might want to consider one thing.

Are your emotions and thoughts being hindered by alcohol? I understand the stress of being lonely and resentful; but blaming your unhappiness solely on one person - your husband - is not a good way staying sober. Have you asked him how he feels when you are drinking? It sounds like he has a lot on his plate by working and going to school along with you having the opportunity to be a Mother at home with your children. Believe me, kids grow up so fast and now that my one and only is 23 with a child of her own, it makes me wish I had not worked during her pre-school years.

Basically what I am trying to say is - DO NOT EVER make rash decisions when you are in recovery. Give it six months before you make any life altering decision. I would hate for you to throw away a lifetime of possible happiness because you might not be thinking with a sober head.

I hope you take this is in a kind way, but literally I have been there too many times. If I left my husband every time he told me how much he hated my drunk self, I would be a lonely sober lady right now. Hang in there until you have a stretch of sobriety.