View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheLongRoad

dreams and one mont sober.

I had a very unsettling dream last night. I was out for dinner and decided I was not going to live my life any differently than those around me, and I was going to have a drink. The whiskey bottle sat in front of me, my favorite low ball sat in its shadow. I remember the smell, the color, the way it flowed into the glass and receded after every sip. I got up from the table, looked back at the bottle and took one last sip for the road. I woke covered in sweat and my hear pounding. I felt disgusted with myself. I couldn't even enjoy alcohol in my dream. I felt like a failure and tossed and turned the rest of the night. When I got up, I had a new take on my daemon. I shouldn't feel like a failure for having a dream about drinking. I would feel validated for subconsciously testing mt resolve and knowing that both my subconscious and conscious self were enraged by the thought of drinking. I am one month sober today and very happy to have dreams that remind me I am doing the right think, no matter how unpleasant they are.