View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dollyangel17

Hi Amanda,

My story is somewhat similar. I suffered a miscarriage back in 2002 (late term), and went into a depression. At the time I was a waitress at a restaurant, and my husband worked second shift, so on my nights off when I would normally be home alone...I sought comfort in going down to the restaurant and hanging at the bar drinking wine while I chatted with my friends. So began a cycle of seeking comfort in a bottle.

Fast forward a few years and we were finally blessed with our beautiful daughter (after 3 painful losses). I did remain sober during my pregnancy, but after she was born the almost paralyzing fear of something happening to her took control, and again...I began to relax and calm myself with wine...daily!

Over the past 5 years, it has gradually progressed and booze began to replace the wine as wine was starting to not "quite do the trick".

I finally realized something had to be done, because chances are, nothing was going to happen to my daughter physically, but she would be damaged emotionally forever if she lost her mother to alcoholism. So here I am, and so far feeling pretty good (with a few rough patches).

Welcome, and best wishes! You can do this!