View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amandaw

What on Earth is wrong with me?

Here I am on Day 2. I only login to SR on lunch break. I'm a teacher and so I never come to this site when there are students in the room. In case you don't know my story, I suffered a miscarriage early 2011. After that, I started self medicating pretty heavily with alcohol. Around Octover 2011, I sought help through AA and did pretty well with that. I found out I was pregnant in January, 2012 and stopped drinking. Had my son in Sept. 2012, and felt I was "cured." Well, we know how that goes. It was a slippery slope into being pretty much (although not quite) as bad as in 2011. So after a few failed attempts at doing it on my own, I'm actively back on the SR boards (mostly lurking), and will begin attending meetings today.

So anyway back to my title. I've just logged on during lunch and I see a thread by someone who's relapsed. I see others being totally supportive and saying things like, "I've been there," "It happens a lot," etc. So where does my mind go?? "Wow relapsing happens to everyone, If I relapse it won't be such a bad thing." Then I start planning it for sometime in the future. I'M ON DAY 2!!!! I don't get it. I wake up one morning without a hangover and all of a sudden it's like all the hangovers I've had up until this point didn't happen.....GRRR....