View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Im not sure if taking on the job of "getting it across to your family and friends" is going to help you. The thing about this is that it doesnt matter what others are thinking. If you are tired of driving drunk, blacking out, and all the other things that takes place while under the influence, then it is time for you to quit. I do not think you are overreacting. All of this young stuff leads into old stuff, when it is not funny anymore, and it is not acceptable. Not that driving wasted is acceptable. I think that your family and friends are not truly seeing the extent of what you are doing. I would not go and show them, but it is hard for loved ones to embrace that we have a serious issue that needs to be addressed. I got the "moderate, "Its not that bad", " Your not an alcoholic". Well, after a few times of losing my head, and then going in a psychotic emotional melt down on a plane, they got the picture loud and clear. I have an issue that is serious and it means that I have to abstain from alcohol. Good luck to you. Keep doing what you are doing. You are doing well.