Old 05-07-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by Lulu39 View Post
Your 10 year old daughter mocks her mother and you join in and laugh about it with the 10 year old.
Seems we laugh about a LOT of painful things. Not saying that is good nor somehow right, nor righteous, but it becomes a HUGE and relatively harmless vent for an otherwise painful and emotionally damaging situations.

But it does take some Huge Honesty and Capacity to handle Real Truth. Not always common in addiction land.

On my side, I am secure enough to tell the kids to study me as a cautionary tale on some matters, as well. You may know the saying -- If you cannot be a good example, perhaps you can be a cautionary tale.

Laughter precludes and wipes away what would otherwise fester as repressed rage and becomes hate. On the other hand, we also have more serious Science based side of things -- we have also done detailed Anatomy and Physiology type study and reading together, how the limbic system works, how a dysfunctioning Amygdala causes addicts to do goofy things, and "why" Momma has the problems and acts she does.

AND that we can choose to love Momma, as she is, anyway. And we do.

Back before her relapse, when Mrs. Hammer was much healthier and tied in honestly to her AA program, we used to laugh and enjoy all sorts of humor of our own foolishness. After the relapse and the lying started to cover that -- not so much.

Ever see Life is Beautiful? Life Is Beautiful - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sort of like that at times.

Can you explain to me how this is evidence of a healthy marriage and family life? I am not seeing it.
Not trying to show such a thing to you, nor present evidence, as I am not court, thanks for asking.

We cannot do legit family T, as Mrs. Hammer is dead set against anyone competent in DBT. Do you understand what that is and what I am saying?

I had to actually block and shield our daughter out the door past a raging, screaming Mrs. Hammer to get to go to the first Alateen meeting. It is not pretty here, at times.

I genuinely am curious as to what makes you believe this is emotionally healthy.
We are only doing safe venting. I am not a T and do not pretend to be at home nor the intertoobs. Dunno if you have ever dealt with and Alcohol, Addicts, or Mentally Ill parent or spouse? Sometimes laughing beats the crying.