View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Itsmytime1234
Hope for change

Friends arent helping

Why do people keep telling me I don't have a problem and that I don't need to stop drinking I just need to cut back. I do t drink every weekend but when I do 90% of the time I get blackout drunk and wake up mortified with crippling hangovers and anxiety. Is it because I'm not drunk every day and homeless that they think I don't have a problem? I'm a binge drinker, I was never a one or two drink kind of girl. I'm a ten shot plus ten drink kind of girl where anything goes and I could give a **** about anyone but my good time. But they tell me I'm young and that's how I am everything will work out and I'll grow out of it. My mom and my friends just aren't getting it. They think my gf is being to hard on me for telling me that she's leaving me cuz she tired of the embarrassment and the lies and me driving drunk all the time . I don't know how to get across that I feel like I've lost myself and alcohol is doing nothing to enrich my life. I need supporters in my corner not ppl telling me that I'm not that bad and that I just need to have a few drinks then stop. The problem is that rarely happens and I get wasted and regret it for weeks after until I start over again. How do I get across that this is a problem?