Thread: update
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Florence

Christ. I'm so sorry. Also, congratulations on the restraining order?

My neighbors (the parents of my girls friend) instead of being alarmed/supportive/concerned etc... have since texted me telling me to stay away from them and that the girls and their daughter can not play.

The husband (who was my ex's drinking buddy and who has broken his wife's jaw with his own abuse) came to my HOUSE Sun night and laid into me verbally telling me I need to keep my business with my ex private and involving the police was BS (his words) and that he feels bad for my kids and my ex and that if I hadn't been trying to provoke my ex he'd have had no reason to get mad.
This has nothing to do with you. Let your daughters know this has nothing to do with them. This is your ex's drinking buddy and fellow abuser acting in fear that his wife will figure out his ******** and call the cops herself.

My neighbor's wife was someone I THOUGHT was a friend.
I think she might be in survival mode too. We do crazy things in abusive relationships. It's difficult to act rationally when you're surrounded by chaos.

I feel a huge sense of relief knowing xAH can't be around for a good long while-- now it's the uncertainty of wondering how to make things be okay for my kids who are old enough to be hurt by the sudden loss of friends-- that I have NO idea what to do with....
I have no experience with this directly. I just know that for whatever reason not everyone is friendly, so I've just had to move on and help DS make friends with other people. Some people are just jerks. You can let your daughters know in an age appropriate way that it's not their friends' fault, it's that the adults are acting irrationally and the kids do what they have to do. I've always been straight with DS13 in an age appropriate way, and he gets it.